Ghosts and goblins can give you a fright, but one thing you shouldn’t worry about this Halloween is getting dental implants. At Hill Country Oral Surgery, we focus on making oral surgery as comfortable, understandable, and accessible as possible. We’ll answer any questions and address your concerns to help alleviate any fears you may be experiencing. Dental implants don’t have to be scary and at Hill Country Oral Surgery, we focus on taking the fear out of oral surgery.
Are You Nervous About Dental Implants?
Are you nervous about replacing missing or damaged teeth? Dental implants are one of the most effective ways to repair the functionality and aesthetics of your smile. For many patients, the unknown of a new procedure can feel intimidating and even scary. Come in for a consultation and let us address your concerns. As you learn more about the procedure and get answers to your questions, the fear surrounding dental implants will dissipate. Get answers so you can get your smile back.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a long-lasting solution to missing or damaged teeth. A special titanium screw is implanted into the bone in the jaw and used to support a replacement tooth, or in some cases a bridge of multiple teeth. These teeth will look and function like your natural teeth. You’ll be able to chew and smile with confidence.
Dental Implants- Your Questions Answered
Do you have questions about dental implants? We’ll answer some common questions below, but don’t hesitate to reach out if you don’t see your questions on this list. We’re happy to answer any questions you may have until you feel comfortable and confident with your decision to pursue dental implants.
- Are Dental Implants Painful? – Dental surgery shouldn’t be a painful experience. We utilize a variety of anesthetic options, before and after surgery, to ensure a comfortable experience for each of our patients. We use a personalized combination of nitrous oxide (laughing gas), local anesthetics, IV sedation, or general anesthetics, depending on your unique needs. We also offer prescription pain relief and Exparel, a non-narcotic pain relief treatment that provides relief for up to 3 days after surgery. We’ll discuss your options during your consultation and will work with you to ensure that you’re comfortable as you recover from dental implant surgery.
- Why Should I Consider Dental Implants? – When you lose a tooth, the bone supporting that tooth will begin to deteriorate. This can cause premature aging and changes in your facial structure. Dental implants preserve the bone and help keep your teeth and jaw healthy. Missing teeth also interfere with your ability to eat and your confidence to smile. Dental implants are easy care, just brush like regular teeth, and can last a lifetime.
- Am I a Good Candidate for Dental Implants? – If you have missing teeth, you need to learn more about dental implants. Many patients are good candidates for this restorative treatment. If you have periodontal disease, additional treatment may be needed before you’re ready to receive implants. Patients with diabetes or those that smoke may be unable to receive dental implants.
- How Long Does a Full Dental Implant Restoration Take? – Restoration times vary, depending on the number of teeth being replaced and the condition of your jaw. Some patients will be eligible for immediate restoration, or an implant that is placed at the same time the tooth is removed. The restoration process takes 3-6 months for most patients. We can estimate your timeline during your consultation.
- Can You Replace Multiple Teeth with Dental Implants? – Dental implants can replace a single tooth, a bridge of multiple teeth, or even an entire arch.
- Are Dental Implants Successful? – Dental implants are extremely successful. With more than 50 years of clinical experience and over 1 million patients, statistics tell us that dental implants have a 98% success rate. We use the latest technologies and most advanced techniques to ensure that you receive the safest, most effective care possible.
- What’s Recovery Like After Dental Implants? – Recovery times vary, depending on the extent of your procedure and how you manage your recovery. Single implants without bone grafting require the least amount of recovery while multiple placements or extensive bone grafting can prolong the recovery period and increase the amount of discomfort experienced.
We love a good scare, but not when it comes to dental work. Come into Hill Country Oral Surgery for a scare-free dental implant experience and get your Halloween thrills at the haunted house instead. Call us today to schedule your dental implant consultation with some of the best oral surgeons in the Austin, TX area.